Information Technology (IT) Manager
|July 30, 2013 - August 13, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The IT Manager's role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the tribe. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department, which includes attendance, performance evaluation, salary and discipline. Ensures proper functioning of the information processing system and oversees necessary upgrades. Helps business operations groups utilize information systems to improve their efficiency. Ensures computer equipment, hardware, and software are updated to meet organizational needs.|
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS |
• Ensure enterprise IT systems meet and/or exceed uptime and disaster recovery objectives
• Implement and maintain network security
• Develop a high performing team with the skills necessary to deliver high quality projects, systems monitoring and technical support
• Manage staff based on tribal and departmental policies and guidelines. This includes hiring, attendance, performance evaluation, salary and discipline
• Manage team scheduling, on call resources and IT issue escalations
• Collaborate with other IT teams to improve communications, systems support and system availability
• Manage vendor relationships ensuring the Snoqualmie Tribe is receiving the highest quality services at reasonable costs
• Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries, outside of IT operations
• Ability to estimate, schedule, track projects and manage multiple concurrent projects
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot technical incidents minimizing business impacts
• Manage communications with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Coordinate and manage the Snoqualmie Tribe website and other external interfaces
• Manage remote computing sites and corresponding network connections
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following tribal procedures.
• Diversity - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type. Ability to be culturally sensitive.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be credible in the workplace.
• Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
• Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Master's or Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred
• Technical and/or process improvement certifications preferred
• Supporting data center server computing environment
• Implementing and driving improvements in IT systems monitoring
• Minimum of 10 years broad IT Experience required
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must have proficient knowledge and proven experience using a computer with Microsoft Office Programs, network topologies, Microsoft Server, Web Technologies, and SQL Skills desired
• Must be able to pass an extensive criminal background check.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screenings.
• Must complete all other necessary trainings as required by Tribal Council.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.