Economic Development Director
|July 18, 2012 - October 09, 2012|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Economic Development Director’s role is to oversee the creation of the Tribal economic development department, become a member of the executive management team to the Snoqualmie Tobacco Company and Liquor Store, and lead in the development of any approved future enterprises.
This position will be responsible for implementing an economic development strategy to diversify the tribe’s funding and employment base utilizing the options and opportunities available to the tribe because of its unique status as a tribal government.
This strategy will also involve creating business and administrative policies and procedures to ensure successful operations, accurate and transparent reporting to the tribe, and implementation of employment practices which will create job and career opportunities for tribal and community members.
|Duties:||• Participate in the creation of Economic Development goals, objectives and work plan.|
• Develop (for Tribal Council approval), implement and oversee Economic Development Department policies and procedures.
• Become a member of the executive management team to the Tribe’s existing economic enterprises, taking note of the business’ strengths and weaknesses, and propose to the Administrative Services Officer appropriate adjustments in order to maximize the effectiveness and success of the businesses.
• Supervise recruitment, development and retention of all economic development personnel.
• Establish strong partnerships with relevant internal tribal programs and outside entities to enhance the Snoqualmie Tribe’s economic development efforts.
• Create, propose, and implement a process for researching other possible economic ventures which would help diversify the Tribe’s economy
• Oversee the development of any future approved enterprises.
• Regularly monitor the health of the Tribal enterprises.
• Identify, apply for, manage, and report for grants and other possible funding sources and partnership opportunities for the Tribe’s economic development efforts.
• Demonstrate knowledge of principles and practices in the following administrative functions: Employment Law, Financial Management, Human Resources/Personnel, Property and Contract Management.
• Must have experience and capability in planning and directing complex work projects, and the ability to develop, present and gain acceptance for long-range program plans and budgets.
• Other duties as assigned by the Administrative Services Officer.
|Qualifications:||POSITION QUALIFICATIONS |
• Diversity - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type. Ability to be culturally sensitive.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree in business or finance (four year college or university) and relevant Masters Degree preferred.
Experience: Seven to ten years related experience in business management or related fields & experience in working in Indian Country is preferred. Experience in at least one business startup and demonstrable skills in managing profitable businesses must be shown.
Must be proficient with computers and have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
Certificates & Licenses
Must be able to pass random and pre-hire UA. Must pass background check
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.